5 Ways to Maximise Your Supplements
The unpopular reality is that supplements are not substitutes for an unhealthy diet or lack of exercise, they are designed to compliment your hard work and help give you an extra advantage.
It doesn't matter if your goal is to lose fat, gain muscle or just get stronger, these 5 tips will have you getting more bang for your buck in no time!
1. WATER - calculate 0.033 x your body weight in kgs... got it? That's the minimum about of water your body needs just to function in a healthy manner. Try drinking at least 500ml as soon as you wake up in the morning and keep a water bottle at arms reach. Yes, you will pee a lot at first, keep going! It will calm down after a few days. Possible side effects: more energy, weight loss, mental clarity, decreased hunger, less bloating and healthier digestion.
2. NUTRITION MATTERS - no we aren't talking about living off chicken, rice and broccoli every day. The goal is to have a well balanced, consistent and sustainable eating plan. Aim for 80% "good food" and 20% "fun food" each day. If you haven't heard about Flexible Dieting it's worth a google.
3. MOVE - get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes a day. You don't have to join a gym, simply find something you enjoy doing.... dancing, skipping, swimming, walking, biking, it doesn't matter... just move!
4. SLEEP - if you aren't getting at least 7 hours a day then make it a priority to resolve ASAP. Your health and wellness are more important that Netflix, social media, etc... all that stuff will still be there in the morning.
5. READ THE LABEL - follow the directions and familiarize yourself with the ingredients. Not just with your supplements, get into the habit of doing this with everything you put into your body. In this day and age, there is no excuse for not knowing how to read a Nutritional Label. Educate yourself, knowledge is power!
We understand this can all be a little overwhelming and confusing. Please do not hesitate to pop in-store or send us a message, we are always happy to help.
STN Team x